Turmeric powder has long been used as a delicious spice in cuisines from South Asia. But it can have plentiful health benefits, from easing indigestion to preventing dangerous neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s. Although turmeric can be somewhat bitter and unpalatable in its raw form, there are many ways you can incorporate this powerful antioxidant into your daily diet and healthcare routine.
1.Taking Turmeric in Different Forms
Take it in its root form. Turmeric can be found in the stem of the curcuma longa plant. A close relative of ginger, you can eat it in its raw root form, although this might have a bitter flavor .You should aim for 1.5 to 3 g of the root each day.
2.Add powdered turmeric to food and liquids. Turmeric is commonly available in powder form. You should aim to incorporate 400 – 600 mg, three times a day.You can add it to sauces, soups or to drinks like milk and tea.
- To make turmeric tea, boil 1 cup of water and dissolve 2 grams of turmeric powder into the water. You can also add lemon, honey and ginger to improve the flavor of the tea.
- If tea is not your preferred drink, you can also add one teaspoon of turmeric powder into a glass of milk in order to add antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to it.
3.Use a turmeric tincture. In its tincture form, all of the benefits of the turmeric root have been extracted into a liquid. You can easily add two to three drops of turmeric tincture to water, tea, soup, or any other liquid that you consume on a daily basis.
- You can buy turmeric tincture at most health food stores or in the vitamin section of your local grocery store.
4.Make a turmeric paste. If you suffer from cuts or burns, a turmeric paste might be the best method for reaping its benefits because you can place it directly on the affected area.
- Mix water, turmeric powder and ginger powder together. Use a clean, sterilized spatula or brush to apply to the injured area. If you use your hands, make sure they are clean before you apply the paste. Keep on the afflicted area for a few hours.
- To heal minor burns, you can apply turmeric and aloe vera paste. Mix equal amounts of turmeric powder and aloe vera together to create a paste
5.Take it as a pill. Turmeric is also available in capsule form. The dosage may vary between different packages, but pills are generally 350 mg. You should take one to three pills a day. If you are experiencing an upset stomach, you might take a higher dosage (three pills). You can find it in the vitamin section of your local grocery store.
Share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below!