1 pack (1 lb) rice noodles(bihon)
8-10 cups water (more if needed)
For the Shrimp Sauce:
2-3 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 lb ground pork
2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 cups pork broth
1 piece shrimp cube
1/2 teasespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon anatto powder(Achuete powder)
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Toppings:
1 cup boiled pork chopped into small pieces
2 pieces fried firm tofu (tokwa), cubed
½ cup cooked shrimps (peeled)
3-4 tablespoons fried garlic
½ cup chicharon (crushed)
½ cup tinapa flakes (smoked fish this ingredient is optional)
2 hard boiled eggs,sliced
1/4 cup green onion chimes or scallions,chopped
2-3 pieces lemon, sliced (or 6 to 8 pieces calamansi)
Step by Step Cooking Procedures:
1. Start by soaking the rice noodles by placing water in a container with the noodles for 15 minutes. Drain and Set it aside.
2. Next cooking the sauce in a saucepan. Pour in the cooking oil.
3. When the oil is hot enough, put in the ground pork and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Dilute the annato powder(achuete powder) in pork broth then pour the created mixture into the saucepan.
5. Then Bring to a Boil. Let it Boil for about a minute.
6. Add in the shrimp cube and stir it up and let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
7. Add in the flour while gradually stirring the mixture.
8. Add in the fish sauce and ground black pepper then let the mixture simmer until sauce thickens. Set the mixture aside.
Meanwhile, boil enough water in a pot.
9. Place the soaked noodles into a strainer(*any strainer will do)then submerge the strainer into the boiling water for about a minute or until the noodles are cooked. (don’t let the noodles become soggy and make sure that the noodles stay firm)
10. Remove the strainer then drain noodles.
11. Place the drained noodles on a serving plate.
12. Pour the sauce we’ve made earlier on top of the noodles then arrange the toppings as you like on top of the sauce.
13. You’re done.Serve it a slice of lemon or calamansi on the sides.